Thursday, April 14, 2005

Day 95 - Five Boxes

Today was a care package night. I love routine. It's wonderful. It helps time go so much quicker. Every two weeks on Thursday night it's box night. Line up the boxes --- dump out the Wallyworld bags -- stuff the boxes full --- cram everything but the kitchen sink in them --- write little notes - fill out custom forms --- tape the boxes shut - label the boxes. -- stack the boxes --- wake up the next morning - carry the boxes to car - print out the address labels at work - stick them on the boxes --- carry the boxes to the post office --- chit chat to the post office people who now know me by name and who want to meet Al when he comes home -- at all THREE Post Offices that I go to. Wait two more weeks -- Repeat.

So, I have five boxes to send. I "thought" that I didn't have much to send. Ummm, yeah. I went to the Dollar Store and Wal-Mart and fixed that problem tonight. I found a bunch of fun squirt guns, frisbees, water ballons, and stuff like that at the Dollar Store. And at Wal-Mart I got some cool stuff in the sporting goods aisle and I got Al some popsicles that he can freeze - and a really cool Yatzee Texas Hold 'Em game that was new. I hope he likes it.

I wanted to share something from my Yahoo National Guard Wives Board with y'all today - it's about "Stress Management":

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked,"how heavy is this glass of water? "

Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The lecturer replied,"The absolute weight doesn't matter.

It depends on how long you try to hold it.

If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem.

If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance."

In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

He continued,"And that's the way it is with stress management.

If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. "

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again.

When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden. "

"So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down.

Don't carry it home; lay them down at the foot of the cross. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down and release them if you can.

"Cast your burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you." Psalm 55:22

"Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Jesus)Matthew 11:29

May God hold you in the palm of His hands.
_____________
ps. Al is doing really good. He is staying busy with his new responsibilities. They have the Internet back up now - it had been pretty choppy this past week - but he had been able to call me every day to make up for it. He had two tacos for lunch :o)

No comments: