Saturday, July 16, 2005

Day 194 - Cleaning or rather, Not Cleaning

Okay, well, hmmm, I have little or nothing to write about today -- for the simple fact that I have done little or nothing all day. I have had my butt in bed reading a book or napping for a good part of the day. I'm not even cool or awesome either because I haven't been reading the Harry Potter book - I'm just reading a mystery book that I got off of Amazon because they profiled it in this month's Family Circle. I think that a person has finally reached old age when they are ordering crap because it was in 'Family Circle'. I think I'm in trouble. I'll probably start walking hunched over by Monday - and will somebody please remind me to pick up some Geritol and Ben Gay at the store, also?

I digress. What I have been in the process of telling you is that I have zero motivation. And I'm not sure why. I am an obsessive compulsive neat freak who gets sick pleasure out of organizing stuff. Nothing thrills me more than to find disorder and make it beautifully neat. Heck, my part-time job is cleaning for a friend twice a month, and if I had more time and energy, I could get more work just like that. Lately though, my own house looks quite skeery. I'm not sure if it's because in the last two weeks we have had more times of it raining buckets from the sky - than it being dry -and as I type this, it is starting to rain AGAIN --- or if it is some deeper subconscious thing.

Before you even ask, I'm not depressed, at least if I am I don't know that I am - I don't feel 'sad' on any level. And I actually have some stuff to look forward to soon - it just hasn't happened yet. So, I don't know why my house looks like this and why I turn and glance at everything that I 'could' be doing and then I slink back to my bedroom and crawl back into bed and crack my book open. I just know that I need to get my freaking act in gear. And what am I doing? Blogging. LOL.

My wonderful deployment buddy, Stacy, just hung up with me and told me that I could call her back when I got half of my house done -- I rather sarcastically told her that if she didn't want to talk to me for a week, she just had to say so - lol. So, I better get to it. Did you notice that today is Day 194? That's way better than Day 193 - because now we have less than one week until we are at the 200 day mark. Our next big milestone - whoo hoo!

Have a good weekend, I have to go do laundry - *sigh*.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

OK Chic...It is 9:00 p.m. and your house should be at least 1/2 way clean, that is after you talked to me on the phone, for how long??? Get with it girlfriend, cause time is slipping away.LOL...and just how much time have you spent in the bed today. Get your butt in gear girl. You have lots to do, and I know that you are not depressed. How can you be, with a friend like me...Just trying to give you a hard time, and laughing my butt off at the same time.

OK now, for the serious stuff. Take a deep breath and get your butt back up and finish cleaning, like I said time is running out, and I can not bail you out of this one girl. I love you, and thanks for being such a wonderful friend.

Katy said...

I would love to lie in bed all day and read a book. I am so jealous.