Saturday, July 23, 2005

Day 201 - Two Hundred and ONE!

Yes, that's right - it's Day 201 - unfreakingbelievable, huh? Yeah, I know I'm pretty amazed too - I mean here I am typing this and my sanity is pretty much intact and everything - lol. I'm very thankful that Al and I have made it this far - and I really appreciate all the support that we have gotten up until this point - I would never have guessed at the beginning of his deployment that a blog could become such an important part of our lives - or such an amazing and therapeutic resource for us. Thanks for being there for us - and for those of you who have supported us "in real life" - thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

I especially want to thank our Homefront Hugs family because you have been so faithful during this time - and all the special things that you have done for both Al and for me and the kids have been really neat. I also want to thank Al's Soldier's Angels - and I want to thank our families - and my friend/deployment buddy Stacy for really being my rock these last couple of months. Thank you to our other friends too - hopefully you know who you are - lol.

We should have about five months or a little less give or take of this whole thing left. I'm ready for it to be over - so ready. I have lots to keep me busy the next couple of weeks though, thank goodness - I'm hoping to stay busy and shut my eyes and cruise into another month.

I also want to say really quick that I might say "we" - but Al is really the person taking on the brunt of this deployment. I have no illusions that the things that I have to deal with over here while I wait for him to come home are even comparable to what he is going through over there. I respect him so much for the sacrifices that he is making right now - and I love him even more for it (and I didn't even know that was possible). I am so proud of the 'good' that he is doing - even though the good gets muddled in politics and the 'Army Way' sometimes.

Okay, I have to get back to work! My To-Do list is screaming at me to get To-Done!! Have a Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

airforcewife said...

Oh, you're over the hump big time! YAY!

Isn't it amazing how watching our men BE men, good, strong, wonderful men who make the world a better place, makes us love them so much more?

I once had a civilian family member ask me how I could love someone who was gone all the time. I was polite, but I felt like asking her how she could love her husband when he wasn't risking anything to change the world for people he didn't know.

Sounds silly, I guess.

Melinda said...

Holy Countdown!! :o) So glad to see that the wheels keep turning for you...such a rollercoaster, I know.

Don't sell yourself short, either. You and Al are both making big sacrifices for the country. He couldn't do what he does, as well as he does, if he didn't know you were a strong and capable woman. There is alot to be said for that.

Erik Holtan said...

Well, I'm sure he could not have done it without you!
As I could not have done it without my wife!
Hope it makes you feel better!
Have a great day!