Saturday, October 29, 2005

Day 299 - Still Sick

Well, this sucks. I am STILL sick. I can't believe this. I emailed Al yesterday telling him that I was still coughing like crazy and not doing good, etc. He emailed me back at 0430 this morning telling me that I had to promise to call the dr. today so that I could get other medicine. He also called me twice today too - so I guess he must be worried, lol. Well, I did call, and they said that I had to come in - AGAIN - this is three trips to dr. so far.

So, I dropped Em off for the night to her dad's house - and go to the clinic. They take my temp and I still have a fever - this is two weeks after I originally got sick. They took bloodwork - and my white count is higher than it's ever been. So, the dr. says that - get this - an antibiotic resistant bacteria that's causing my bronchitis. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.So - FIVE PRESCRIPTIONS LATER - I will hopefully be getting better soon. I was supposed to sing in a special group for choir tomorrow in all three services - but NOPE - I will be home and in BED. YUCK.

AND - THIS IS THE BEST PART - Em is STILL coughing too. Soooooooooooo, I get to call her pediatrician in the morning - explain everything to them - and hopefully they will call in a prescription for her - OTHERWISE - I will have to take her to the doctor TOMORROW.

Sorry I am not blogging right now, guys!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, Melinda, that sounds horrible! I can so relate to all that, though, as most of my dh's deployment was spent with me nursing two sick girls...they tag teamed me the entire time!

I hope you have the right meds now and that Em can be prescribed similar so you don't reinfect one another...AGAIN!!

Sean from DocintheBox said...

How does it feel to be patient 0 of the bird flu pandemic? Watch out for that lung butter:)