Thursday, June 02, 2005

Day 150 - Holy Crap, it's Day 1-5-0!!

Well, Em and I are back from vacation. We had a lot of fun. We saw a lot of relatives, etc. Em learned the words "Grandpa" (pronounced "Popa") and "Grandma" (pronounced "Grrmma") - and she just generally loved being slathered with constant attention. It's got to be a good feeling to know that absolutely everything you do is adorably cute and precious. LOL.

I will post vacation pics for you hopefully tomorrow. She is having her "Alabama Birthday Party" on Saturday too - so we'll be excited to share that with everybody also.

Well, we are officially 150 days into this gig. That feels kind of crazy but pretty cool to say at the same time. I will be so happy when the next 50 days are behind us. There are several reasons for this:
  1. Two hundred sounds a lot better than 150.
  2. Our halfway point of "boots on ground" is 182 days.
  3. Al's R&R leave will either be in August or September - so in fifty days, he will be even closer to being in my arms!!

Here are the pics of my bunny that I was hoping to post before I left on vacation, but wasn't able to get around to it because of all the craziness going on. I know that I am HIGHLY prejudiced, but he looks sooooooooooo good!! We just got him a new digital camera - and the clarity is great. These are from earlier in May:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Al overlooking his Forward Operating Base.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

With a friend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He looks soooooooooo good in this picture!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Close up of UXO's (Which I believe stands for "Unexploded Ordnances" - please correct me if I'm wrong!)

No comments: