Sunday, June 19, 2005

Day 167 - Happy Father's Day to my Bunny

Happy Father's Day everyone!! But most especially, I want to say 'Happy Father's Day' to Al. He was on another medical mission this past weekend and although he isn't 'home' to his FOB yet, he is safe.

I hope that you will indulge me as I send Al a little note today . . .

Dear Bunny,

I just wanted to tell you "Happy Father's Day" - I wish so much that you were home, and I could spoil you. I have the pancake mix and syrup all ready for your R&R though - so I guess that you will have to wait just a little longer.

You mean so much to me and to the kids - and I want you to know that I think that you are the BEST Daddy in the whole world. I have always appreciated the fact that you really take the time to 'listen' to Emelia and Trey - and one of my fondest memories of you is when you would take Em after her bath and read her a book. Did you ever notice how she never squirmed when she sat on your lap? She loves you honey.

I know that Trey misses his daddy so much too. When I go to visit him, he constantly talks about his Daddy being a soldier, and that his Daddy is in the Army. You really should have seen him when I played those videos for him - he sat next to me on the chair and didn't make a peep the whole time, except to say, "Wow!" and "Cool!" - "Is MY DADDY doing stuff like that?". He really is a miniature version of you, baby. I am proud of him - and proud of you too.

Anyway, I just want you to know that we are thinking about you today - and praying for you too. I wish that things were like Star Trek - and you could teleport home for the day. But just know that in our hearts, even though you are half a world away right now, that you are right here with us, and we love you with everything that we have.

Sending ALL our love to "Daddy", "Daddy Al" - and my future husband . . .

YOUR Melinda

No comments: