Thursday, February 10, 2005

Day 34 - Ugh!! Phones!!

Well, Al called at 4:30 a.m. this morning - don't feel bad for me - I get up at 5:00 usually anyway. We only spoke for about 10 minutes before the call was cut off - not sure what happened, but he wasn't able to call back. Pooh. The phones where he is at right now are much better for the most part - the ones in Kuwait had a half second delay on them where I could hear everything that I said echoing in the background - but you're just so happy to get to talk, that you really don't care.

Last night, as I was driving home - I actually saw somebody w/ a car that had "almost" as much patriotic stuff on it as mine. On my car, I have FOUR ribbons, a National Guard sticker, and "I Love My Soldier" sticker, and an American Flag cling. This pick-up truck had the four ribbons - but it also had the "Blue Star of Service" - which signifies that they have an immediate family member at war. http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2000/n03282000_20003282.html

My friend Erin and I crack up at work because we call all of my patriotic stuff - "bling" - so now I have to track down the Blue Star Banner magnet on the net today - lol - I get ribbon envy when I see someone that has 'bling' that I don't have!! I totally honked and waved to the guy as I drove by. Living in Alabama is a nice feeling - a lot of people have ribbons and flags on their car. People can say all they want to about the South - but having lived here 10 years this August - I've learned by experience that you'll be hard pressed to find a more patriotic part of the country. God Bless the South, HOOAH!

Well, it's off to work for me --- maybe Al will get to call around lunchtime if he's not too busy.




No comments: